Because I didn't get to make my crown design last time I did it this time. I made a 3D crown that sits on top of a wig. Our project this time was called Emphasize Art Elements. I started out with making four drawings filled with one of four elements, line, color, shape and value. The next step of the project was to plan out your 3D model. Once planned out I started looking for material to make my crown with. I chose cardboard, hot glue and aluminum foil.
The idea behind the crown was that one of my many nicknames is Queen Radio, which was given to me by my closest friend.
I learned in my overall product that I need to focus more on time management and the research. My project turned out really well and I am quite happy.
For my artist steal project with I chose to create an altered book also know as a folded book. I originally chose to create a crown pattern in my book but there were difficulties trying to find a template so my idea shifted to creating a heart. The theme of my project is hearts and or the Queen of Hearts. I folded most of the pages to look like a heart but had a lot left over so I fold them into points with no real significance. The idea behind an altered book is the creativity and process of the final product which fit my art style of controlled media. To create an altered book is really simple but time consuming. In all, I believe it took me 3-5 days to fold the pages and another 3-5 days to cover the book in tissue paper.
I learned in my overall product that I need to focus more on time management because my previous project held up most of my time so I got a late start not this one. My project turned out nice up until I folded the extra papers and everything went down hill.